Our free-to-access food bank is open to Greenwich borough residents (by appointment only). Since launching our food bank in 2017, we have continued to supply non-perishable foods to those who need them most throughout the pandemic and post-covid as the cost of living continues to rise.
Thanks to our community partner SAINSBURYS Abbey Wood, our food bank is open all year round. Listening Ears is the front-of-house charity for Sainsbury’s in Abbey Wood and we also accept donations from other organisations or members of the public. To donate to our food bank, either take them to Sainsbury’s Harrow Manor Way or make an appointment to visit us at our Woolwich office.
To access our food bank, please send an email to foodbank @ listeningears.org with the following details:
Subject: Food bank registration
You should receive a response from the team with the next available collection date and time.
What provisions can you expect from our food bank?
Everyday essentials such as flour, sugar, pasta, rice, noodles, sauces, spices, salt, tinned tomatoes, peas, canned soups, baked beans, canned beans, seeds, lentils, couscous, canned meat, canned fish, cooking oils, UHT milk, dairy free milk, long-life juice, squash, cereal, biscuits, chocolates, cakes, tea, coffee, baby food, dog food, cat food and pet treats. Also toiletries such as nappies, sanitary towels, shower gels, toothpaste, washing up liquid, etc.
- Only visit the centre after receiving confirmation of your collection appointment
- On arrival, you will be required to complete the registration form (If possible, print and complete it beforehand to save time)
- Availability and quantity of food given varies
- We do not supply perishable foods such as fruits, sandwiches, bread, eggs, fresh milk, etc.
- Remember to bring your shopping bags or change to buy some
- We accept donations via cash or card